Rushed for time during the week and not getting your all-important breakfast? Say goodbye to the croissant on the go and instead grab my Fast & Clean Breakfast Pot.
It literally takes about 2 minutes to make (not including chill time) so it is good when you get home from a long day and are pressed for time.
Clean Breakfast Pot
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Dash of cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
Mix all ingredients into a glass pot* and let chill in the fridge overnight. Making it in the morning for later in the day? Let sit for 3.5 hours or so before eating.
You can experiment with different ingredients depending on what nutrients you want to add to your diet. Substitute:
- Ground flaxseeds for any other ground seed such as linseeds (sometimes easier to find in store).
- Fresh strawberries for any other fresh fruit such as blueberries or peach slices. Stay away from apples for this recipe as they are a bit too hard.
- Fresh strawberries for a nut butter. I recommend almond for that extra bit of protein.
And yes, it is THAT simple! Mix, chill and enjoy!
* I recommend the Kilner 0.35L jar, £2.50 from Sainsbury’s. Buy it here or in store.